For this weeks task, we had to wing it and to cover rezzing objects by doing the research and applying different techniques. This turned out to be very good programming practise for me. Anyway, on to the task!
Firstly, I created a prim that once touched, rezzed another prim just above it. After a few clicks I realised these blocks just stay there...
So, I went researching for a way to make them de-rez after a little while. Sure enough I found it, the llDie function. I then added a script to the bullet to make it delete itself after a certain amount of time. I will need this. This can be changed at a later date to fulfill my assignment needs.
Then I raised the velocity and the direction so that once clicked it shot a projectile.
For my assignment, I would like a cannon that once touched, fires.
This will mean that I need to find a way how to make the bullet fire from the end of the cannon, whichever way it is facing. So that will be interesting.


No comments:
Post a Comment