I have really been looking forward to this part of the module, as I have quite a passion for game development and this is one of the focus points in which I want to excel. I found the scripting on this part relatively easy for once clicked will shout a word over a obscure channel and be listened by another script on another prim and then depending on the word shouted, changed the position of the prim.
Once I got that working, my next task was to once clicked to attach to avatar, then to be able to use it as a very basic UI. The llAttachToAvatar function is quite annoying to use but is needed for this bit of my mini-game so here it is:
The scripting was actually less of a challenge than getting the textures to display properly, but there you go. Two working buttons that control the height of that ball you see floating. I am proud and quite enjoy working with llShout and llListen to cross-communicate objects. Nice system they have.


No comments:
Post a Comment