This weeks tasks were to move an object around using scripting. The first thing I did was make a prim and make it move along up the Z-Axis 2 meters. This was for a non-physical object.
After I got the basics down, I decided to go for a script that would move a physical object. I used a different script on this one, I found a what seems like easier set of instructions but not as efficient no doubt.
What this does is stores the position of the starting and end positions of the prim in vectors, then a while loop will keep looping over, if the vector distance is more than 0.001 between the 2 locations, it will move this object towards it.
The last bit for this weeks tasks was to set up a rotation script. I really do not have a clue how the script works at the moment, but will have to come back to it.


No comments:
Post a Comment